DAY 1 .
Daily Report: Once B
· RONALD NIÑO: Contextualization Unit 6, Much/many, a lot of, a few, a little, Cambridge book, Dictionary and reading comprehension activity.
· OLFA MABROUK: Definite and indefinite articles: lesson review + exercises. Test to be expected next week (Articles and Quantifiers). HOMEWORK: (1) Watch the following video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PRE0UtnnqJQ and write a short paragraph to say what it is about. (2) Exercise 1 page 48 in Objective PET Student Book. (3) Exercises 1 to 3 page 14 in Objective PET Workbook.
· CHRISTIAN MALDONADO: We worked on a listening exercise and revise the homework corresponding to unit 5 of the student’s book. HOMEWORK: To hand out the listening exercise answers and the writing exercise about the joke of a roman soldier. The listening exercise contents are going to be uploaded at www.educacionbc.wixsite.com/profe-camilo during weekend.
· ALEXANDER MÁRQUEZ: Today we worked on the planning of the 2nd Bimester project. A workshop for the next class was handed out.
· JAIME: Today we worked on comparative and superlative, the students created a paragraph using these elements, also taking into account pronominalization in the text to achieve coherence.
SOCIALES: Para la próxima semana en el intensivo de Ciencias Sociales y competencias ciudadanas deben traer una constitución política de Colombia, un diccionario en físico.
ENGLISH INTENSIVE COURSE: “Teaching Literacy Through Film” was the main topic of this week´s intensive course. While acquiring a new terminology and through the analysis of short films and sequences, students have practiced and improved their inferring skills. Identically to text analysis and comprehension, identifying a specific technique used by the author/creator, observing its use, and deducting its effects on the audience through reasoning was the objective of this workshop developed as follows:
1) Sound Analysis and Terminology (the Girl and the Fox).
2) The rule of 3Cs and 3Ss.
3) Camera shot: sizes and angles.
4) Describing a situation, identifying a problem, anticipating an outcome (the Girl and the Fox).
5) Predictive Writing (the Girl and the Fox).
6) Listening Comprehension and video analysis: (What is Foley?) Open questions.
7) Sequencing Activity (Y. Nightshift): giving a chronology to slides, understanding the author’s purpose and message.
8) Exercises on Inferring: Saber 11 BOOK.
High school teachers and Coordination